View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 01:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

"Good Morning,

I hope is all as you wanted. As I promised, I have used all of my pull with the Project directors to keep anyone from interfering with the composition of YOUR team. Remember that. They are YOUR team. You will be the one to lead them into harms way. It is now up to you and Jake to get them through the hardships that you will face once you go out into that oh-too-Cold and cruel world. Believe me… It’s very COLD out there. Winter in the Upper Peninsula is a very cold time of the year. Memories of those winters of my childhood will never fade. When you get out side your bolthole, please be careful, Jim. There is some very nasty people in the area were you are going to be. I had took great pains to get you into the project, because you have one of the most important positions that the project has… I also hate to be the one to tell you this, it’s not been ten years that you’ve been sleeping… But one hundred and fifty years have past. I’ve always known that the Project would have this problem, and I honestly tried to stop it form happening. But the Council did not see my concerns in the same way. So I had to take different route in building in my own safeguards to make sure the Project would be able to become active after you have awoken. I am counting on you much more than you can ever realize Jim. Just remember to follow your gut. And remember that YOU are the right man for this job. I have always known this. You will see me, but I will not remember you when we meet. But I still remember that first meeting between us very fondly. You are going to go on to do some great things Jim. And you will do them, all starting today… With much appreciation and thanks, - BEM
."
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.