Thread: Drozd/ERA
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespers War View Post
Trophy HV (2010): An Israeli system used on Merkava 4 and Namer, and set to be installed on M1A2 SEP V2 Abrams. Used a pair of launchers, each with 3 rounds. Claimed to be nearly 100% successful in recent use. Weighs 850 kilograms. Newer versions are lighter, but I have little information on the MV and LV.
Update: Trophy MV has been replaced by/renamed to Trophy VPS, which is 480 kilograms but claimed to be equal to Trophy HV in performance, with the weight savings largely coming from replacing the 2007-2010 era electronics with more modern equipment. VPS is being tested on Stryker along with Rheinmetall/UBT's StrikeShield. Leonardo DRS has also apparently done testing of the system on an M113 (which makes me wonder why they haven't also tested it on an M2, because I know they have one).

Also, the overall system weight for HV is about 2.5x what I listed (it's described as "around 5,000 pounds" in an article about testing). I assume what I grabbed was the weight for each launcher, and there's some extra weight for sensor or processing or other gribblies, so the VPS should probably be multiplied by the same amount for overall system weight, so roughly 3,000 pounds. There's also mention of increased capacity with autoloading systems, but (reasonably if somewhat disappointingly) nothing that I could find giving the total capacity.

The Vespers War - Ninety years before the Twilight War, there was the Vespers War.