View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 04:47 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

They would be going to 2028 if the current USAF budget didn't call for them to be grounded next year. Damn it all.

Much as I'm a huge Hog fan, I don't see it being that prolific in the post-2000 environment. With aviation fuel as scarce as it is (to say nothing of spare parts, ordnance, trained aviation maintenance personnel, and trained aviators), I would expect most forces to concentrate on aircraft that can support strategic goals. Think surveillance, secure courier duty, delivery of critical supplies (e.g., vaccine), and long-range deployment and recovery of small special operations teams or key technical personnel. For most of this work, you're not looking at combat aircraft at all. When no one else has eyes in the air, a Cessna 172 and a pair of binoculars are a measurable advantage.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson