View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 03:57 AM

I don’t think any individual campaign has to be military centric. You can run a ‘Jericho’ type campaign focusing on a town’s efforts to survive pretty much as Kato outlined and legitimately call it T2K in my opinion but trying to gen up a civilian character using rules as written is likely going to restrict your options. Ditto on the Red Dawn style campaign - if you want to play a 17 year old High School student using V2 RAW you’d start with background skills only, so four skills with two points in each one. So if you want to run one of those campaigns you’d need to homebrew some character generation rules. Or maybe use the 2013 mechanics. (As an aside, looking at the V2 core rulebook again this morning to check I was remembering the rules for 17 year olds correctly, I note it specifically states on page 19)

Quote:
Nothing in these rules prevents a character from entering the game at age 17, although we cannot imagine why any player would want to do so.
I think another factor that tends to make the game more military centric is what the players are looking to get out of it. I only play by post now and in my experience in a lot of games there’s a significant percentage of players who only contribute when a gunfight starts. Anything not combat related and they’re largely absent. So I think there’s an element of knowing your group and what they’re comfortable with.