View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 07:23 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
Hell no lol... but I am fascinated about the business side of doing something like this.
I'm really hoping Scott Glancy pokes his head in here and offers some insight. Dude has a lot more pro cred than I'll ever accrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
P.S. I said it before and I'll say it again - this community SHOULD produce a Twilight: 2000 ezine.
Yes there are some things to be sorted if you want to take it to a wider audience (such as how many issues per year, who will edit/produce the ezine, who has the software to produce it, who would host it for download purposes and so on) but this community certainly has enough material to produce issues for many years.
Concur. What you really need is someone with project management experience, leadership skills that come across well in email, and a buttload of patience to wrangle all the other talent into producing quality work on time. A lot of the rest of the pieces would fall into place with effective leadership.

(With sufficient success and widespread awareness, an e-zine might - might - convince an established publishing company that they could find sufficient demand to turn a profit on a fourth edition.)

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson