Thread: Target Lists
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

We're also working on a revised target list. Or, Jason has come up with a good one, we're still going over it one target at a time. The problem is trying to reconcile the v1 timeline, which states that missile bases, etc weren't targeted, with the v1 target list published in Challenge magazine and reprinted in v2, which contains an awful lot of US strategic forces (but not in a logically inclusive manner - a lot of SAC bases but none of the Navy SSBN bases). On top of that, when you start throwing too many nukes around the game changes from Twilight:2000 to Gamma World. We'll have what we eventually decide on in the Survivor's Guide to the USA.

And I have a list of over 1400 potential Warsaw Pact targets (enough for well over 5000 warheads) that I doubt will ever see the light of day... too close to what the NSA trolls around looking for!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...