Thread: Almost TPK
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdusk View Post
[I]
The sniper took an action round to make an aimed shot with her Russian made SVD semi-auto sniper rifle. In the following action round ...

... The first shot is fired (aimed). Hit. Killed.

Same action round using semi-auto the second (quick) shot is fired. Hit. Kill.

Third shot fired. Recoil is starting to add up, but. Hit. Killed.

Fourth shot. Hit. The solders helmet rolls across the road, his rifle falls out of reach as he hits the ground stunned, confused and badly injured in the middle of an exposed street.

Fifth shot fired (semi-auto remember) and flies high and wide (due to recoil accumulation). The lone remaining un-injured soldier dives for hard cover. Laying prone and out of site, his mind racing how he can assist his fallen friend.

One action round. 5 seconds and five shots result in an almost total-party-kill. Could this happen in your game, with how you play the rules?
Among other issues, I'd have required something like "I take 1 head shot at each man in the column" to be declared first; then I'd probably subtract a shot for each switching of targets. And another if the answer to "do you check to see if you hit?" is a yes.

Then you get to the mechanics, which don't look good, but that was already covered.

Uncle Ted