Thread: Semi-Skills
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
I would consider them subskills. TW2K13 handles this by having Qualifications which are subskills under another skill. For example, Drone Pilots may only need familiarization on the controls BUT put a non-pilot in front of a drone control station and watch their confusion as they simply try to interpret all the symbols on the screens meanings. Without that basic pilot training to teach the drone operator what the controls DO, and what all those symbols on the screen MEAN, they would be lost on how to operate the drone.

I love the idea of Qualifications because they are a "Skill Within A Skill" in essence. Some examples include things like...
1) EOD as a qualification of Demolitions.
2) Rebreather as a qualification of Scuba.
3) Hacking as a qualification of Computer Operation.
4) Heavy as a qualification of either Pilot or Wheeled Vehicle Driver.
5) Surgery as a qualification of Medical

These all have their own Skill Levels BUT cannot be larger than the parent skill.
I just have to say as I see this alot, but EOD should not be a sub-skill/Qualification what not of Demolitions. US Military (I guess more or less the same for other nations but do not know) getting demolitions qualified is about two weeks, EOD is about a year. There is a lot more to EOD than just knowing how to deal with demolitions.