View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
What I would suggest is trying to tie the Battalions in with their traditional recruiting areas. For example, the Gordon Highlanders recruited from Aberdeen and Angus, the Black Watch recruited from Fife, Perth, and Tayside, etc, so I'd suggest something along the lines of 1st Battalion (Black Watch), Royal Army of Scotland for the Battalion covering the Black Watch recruiting area, 2nd Battalion (Royal Scots), Royal Army of Scotland for the Battalion covering Edinburgh and the Lothians, etc, etc. That way you're taping into the Regimental names (as you say, it's the Regiment that gets the glory). You could follow the British Army order of precedence if you wished, which would make the Royal Scots first in line. But for Companies, I'm stuck with straightforward 1 Company, 2 Company, etc, etc. Or maybe place names, e.g. 1 (Fife) Company, 2 (Perthshire) Company, etc.

Cheers
Elaborating slightly on my earlier suggestion...

The Scottish Horse (Armoured)
HQ Stirling Castle
Area of Operations: Deployed in support of other Battalions as necessary
AFV’s: 4 Chieftain MBT’s, 5 Scorpion CVR(T)’s

Rapid Action Force
HQ Stirling Castle
Area of Operations: Deployed in support of other Battalions as necessary

1st Infantry Battalion, Royal Army of Scotland (Royal Scots)
HQ Stirling Castle
Area of Operations: Central Scotland

Formed from elements of the 2nd Battalion, 52nd Lowland Volunteers (TA).

2nd Infantry Battalion, Royal Army of Scotland (Royal Highland Fusiliers)
HQ: Dumfries
Area of Operations: Ayrshire, Dumfries and Galloway

3rd Infantry Battalion, Royal Army of Scotland (King’s Own Scottish Borderers)
HQ Glencorse Barracks, Penicuik.
Area of Operations: Lothian and Borders

Formed from elements of the 2nd Battalion, 52nd Lowland Volunteers (TA). Includes a large number of recruits who were undergoing basic training at Glencorse at the time of the nuclear strikes

4th Infantry Battalion, Royal Army of Scotland (Black Watch)
HQ: RAF Leuchars
Area of Operations: Fife, Perthshire

5th Infantry Battalion, Royal Army of Scotland (Highlanders)
HQ: Fort George, Inverness
Area of Operations: Highlands

6th Infantry Battalion, Royal Army of Scotland (Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders)
HQ Stirling Castle
Area of Operations: Central Scotland

Formed from elements of the 3rd Battalion, 51st Highland Volunteers (TA)

1st Support Battalion, Royal Army of Scotland
HQ Stirling Castle
Includes elements of the RLC and REME. Heavily augmented by civilian volunteers

This does set up a scenario where the British and Scottish Armies are both fielding similarly named formations.

I'd personally be inclined to have Rosyth subjected to such heavy conventional bombing that the RN have pulled out completely. (I seem to recall having read somewhere a theory that HMG pull all forces out of Scotland at some point in time, thus removing the RAF and RN from the equation. I can't find a reference to it in the SGUK, so think it may have been on the etranger site somewhere. It does seem to be to be a more likely option than having large numbers of English airmen and sailors joining a Separatist Scottish Army).