View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 AM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Army View Post
I noticed that you have C Squadron, 13th / 18th Royal Hussars and the 1st Battalion, Royal Hampshire Regiment in Kitchener, Ontario and the Panzergrenadierbataillon 81 in Waterloo. I think they if the Canadian Government would send troops to southwest Ontario it would be to London.
Here is why:

1) GM Defense (now General Dynamics Land System) is based in London, which makes the MLVW (medium logistic vehicle, wheeled), Cougar AVGP, Grizzly AVGP, Husky AVGP, Coyote Reconnaissance Vehicle, and the LAV III

2) General Motors Diesel; a Canadian railway diesel locomotive manufacturer; is also based in London.

3) They have an Airport big enough to land a Antonov An-225 Mriya. (http://atomictoasters.com/2010/11/sp...rier-aircraft/) a aircraft maintenance facilities.

4) Canadian Forces Base London (also CFB London) is a former Canadian Forces Base that was located in London, Ontario, Canada. It was downsized and closed during defense budget cutbacks in the 1990s.

On a person note I live in Waterloo and I have lived in Kitchener as well London.
I live in London, and you have London being centralized to both Toronto and Detroit and well supported by area supoort units. It is also in the middle of a vital crop growing area so supplying the troops would be no problem. Finally you have major truck manufacturers in St Thomas too.
Attached Images