View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
That's not really a valid idea -- aren't all of us here basically amateurs at publishing and game development? And yet, as long-time players and GMs, we probably know more about the subject than so-called "professionals." Who are these professionals selling their goods to anyway? Us. If the first set of buyers aren't happy with the product, word will get around -- and the product will be improved or perish. That's the way the marketplace works.
What is a valid idea? Forget about the sentence you quoted it might not be clear. I'm more or less saying the same than you (look at my previous posts).

The thing about buyers being happy or not about the product is not always true. Bad words can come out before you get any buyers and the words getting around are not that trusty. Many game don't get the time to improve and they perish from a lack of interest justified only by advices taken from people who never bought the game.

In the case of twilight 2013, they will need some improvement, and a lot of add-on. I found that sad for a 348 pages book. I haven't look at most of the rules yet, on the other hand, but I have already seen some interesting things in them (they speak in km/h and in meters; great I'm growing tired of speaking in cliks or watever fony measures). I would love to see some clearer elements on newer equipments, however: What is a muscle car? There are no illustration at all in this section (erf!) and very few vehicles. By the way there is a very good point for them: they recommend this forum.

Last edited by Mohoender; 11-25-2008 at 05:24 AM.