View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
It is conceivable that many people will still identify with their prewar occupations even a year or two after they are no longer actually employed. A mechanic for example, is likely to remain a mechanic...
I think in T2K, a good mechanic would be able to write his own paycheck, so to speak. People who need their vehicles and generators fixed might come long distances with lots of goodies for the mechanic in exchange for repairs, or just to bow and scrape in front of him in return for repairs. He would be a very rich and powerful man, by T2K standards.

Which makes me think that some of his employees might be expert scroungers to find all the spare parts he needs. They may be able to almost extort the mechanic into giving them extra-special treatment.

Another rich and important T2K man might be a fuel scrounger.

BTW: The ideas I've come up with for post-World War 3 professions would fit many skill sets -- that's why I haven't put down any skills. There's the PC's job, and then there are his actual capabilities.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com