View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Lee
IMO, despite being a loyal Catholic, you guys are overestimating the pro-Vatican politics of the Italians.
I'm not sure because I don't think we included the politics in our reasoning (at least, I didn't). I don't think that Vatican take over with any support from the politics. IMO, it simply fills in the vacuum and takes control with support from the people.

What you say about politics make sense but the people's support might be much greater, especially in these time of turmoil. In addition, the Lazio is not that huge.

You are right also about their communication but they might be able to set up some kind of working network over southern Europe (at least they can emit as a radio). In addition, several cells might be working independently, even at the smallest level. In addition, I'm convinced that they would be the first to rely on pigeons again. Finally, a dedicated priest or monk will act on its own but he will continue to refer to the highest authority.

As a result, you can expect several schism to appear and that is interesting.

I agree with you about the "anti-pope" and I like the idea of Spain as a refuge.

Finally, we had been speaking of the catholics but I can see people turning to all kind of religions, depending on the regions and opportunities: Jews, Muslim, Evangelists, Orthodox, Hindu, Bhudist, Scientologist... (Marseille could well become a muslim city).