View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 08:20 PM

Wow, go silent for a few days and I come back to fireworks...

I think everyone has a valid opinion regarding V4. The way forward, however, should be to determine for yourself if V4 is what you want to invest in and play. If not, just move on. Getting angry about it is you punishing yourself for someone else's mistake...

I've seen the alpha and have seen Year Zero. For me, they don't provide verisimilitude for a Twilight:2000 world. The idea of labeling die rolls with letters instead of just using the standard "dx" convention seems to add one more thing to the rules to have to remember for no good reason (Is "A" a d6 or a d4?). The backstory is ridiculous.

But I'm not going to waste breath complaining about it. I'm spending my time with my preferred mechanics (T:2013) and backstory (v2.2 with modifications). I'm picking the rules I want and not worrying about trying to get some company who doesn't care about the pedigree of the title to produce something more palatable.

We can't bottle the same lightning. The real question is how long does FL hold the license? If someone feels like its a personal insult that FL's direction for V4 is different than you were led to believe, vote with your wallet. It'll have a limited production, the licence can revert, and the rights can be licensed to produce a V5...

For those who like V4, they'll have it. It's a different game with different objectives. For those who want a different vision, that time will come. Meanwhile, there are a huge number of people who are generous with their time and creativity that still produce more things for the older versions of the game. Between the multiple versions that already exist, there are mechanics and timelines to choose from. I'm looking at future versions the same way.

Last edited by 3catcircus; 04-26-2021 at 08:45 PM.