View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 01:34 PM

Wel, I suppose that all of us have reached similar solutions to fill the same gaps. I make a selection of the skills from Traveller:TNE and that include some of the skills you have said like Carpenter, Masonry, Psychology, Admin/Legal (instead of Economics), Pickpocket, Act/Bluff, Dance, Disguise, Music (specialization), Painting, Sculpture, Song, History, Communications, Sensors or Streetwise. I find that, as Slappy suggests, including Veterinary as a new skill seems a very good idea. I would suggest Animal Handling (from GURPS), too. Both of them could be a good resource for a T2K character. A general skill called Craftship (specialization) could be useful, too. Sparing Communications and Sensors from the old Electronics skill, keeping skill seems fair to me

Ok, I know that some of the skills listed here would not be critical in the T2K background but, thinking about what General posted, everybody will remember a SAS virtuously playing a violin. If the character wins a little more depth and appears a little more clearly-defined for the player and the group, everything is right.

Ei Targan. Your list is amazingly complete! I will take it a closer look this weekend with my group.

In the list, I've seen that each skill depends on more that one attribute. Interesting. What is the way to do a task roll in Gunmaster?