Thread: Twilight Spain
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I think the Catalans and Basques would make a play for autonomy/independence during the Twilight War. With Madrid nuked, I don't see any way of stopping separatists from achieving their goals, short of armed force. But would there even be a central government around to order such thing? Would most Spaniards have the stomach for that? Probably not.
I'm going with the idea of a nominal government, but that the country is actually balkanized, with some parts in anarchy, others devastated, and the rest in cantonments.

In general, what I have concocted is the idea that the Royal Family and Prime Minister were evacuated somewhere, but if they are contacting anyone, it seems to be from some bunker that no one is actually physically in touch with. The main central government figure is the Minister of the Interior, who gives orders in the name of the prewar government.

My campaign will also detail three military cantonments, one surviving civilian government provincial capital, and a number of surviving communities struggling to keep going. Separatists will largely be in the same boat, being more focused on surviving and stockpiling goods than anything else.