View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 02:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

German Noble Titles:

The German states where not the only ones whom reinstated the ranks of nobility and aristocratic peerage in the aftermath of the Twilight Wars during what historians refer as the neo-Feudalism system that rose in the chaos of the Twilight on the world. But the German states did work hard to keep traditions that regulated their noble families towards public service strong and vibrant as ever. The vast majority of the German nobility could be classified as ‘working nobles’ since they all must serve the state in some manner that has prompted many of the Nobles to serve in either the German Military or within the governmental bureaucracy of their native states.

The German state of Brandenburg also introduced an odd tradition of the Elected Monarch (referred to as Elector or Electress) whom is elected form a wide variety of candidates whom where drawn form the best and brightest of the political, social and economic leaders (many of whom where indeed nobles, but not all). These Elected Monarchs where elevated to the same status as Kings or Queens and treated as such even after their term of service had expired by not only their native homeland, but in the neighboring German states as well whom found their system to be quant (but to quote many observers “what ever works, works”).

Inspired by their close ties with the United Kingdom of the British Isles, the Kingdom of Hannover resurrected the tradition of the various Orders of German Knighthood in the mid-21st Century and this prompted many of the other German states to follow suit. The induction into the German Knighthood at first was limited to Military personnel whom had performed some kind of heroic action, but since their return membership has been opened to non-military personnel whom have performed a great service to the state. The only Order of Knighthood that broke this mold was notably the Bavarians whom had opened membership form the start to include non-Military personnel whom had performed great and noble services that had benefitted the Free State of Bavaria.

Kingdom (Königreich): King (König)/Queen (Königin)
Prince Consort (Prinzgemahl)
Crown Prince (Kronprinz)/Crown Princess (Kronprinzessin)
Prince (Prinz)/Princess (Prinzessin)
Electorate (Kurfürstentum): Elector (Kurfürst)/Electress (Kurfürstin)
Principality (Fürstentum): Prince (Fürst)/Princess (Fürstin)
Grand Duchy (Grossherzogtum): Grand Duke (Grossherzog)/Grand Duchess (Grossherzogin)
Duchy (Herzogtum): Duke (Herzog)/Duchess (Herzogin)
County/Earldom (Grafschaft/Graftum): Count/Earl (Graf)/Countess (Gräfin)
Palatine (Pfalz): Count-Palatine (Pfalzgraf)/Countess-Palatine (Pfalzgräfin)
Barony (Freiherrschaft): Baron (Freiherr)/Baroness (Freifrau or Freiherrin)

Knight (Ritter)

Heir (Erbe)/Heiress (Erbin): "Erb" in German means "hereditary" and is placed in front of a title to be inherited
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.