View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 06:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Of course the books specifically state EMP screwed up everything, INCLUDING items which were supposed to be shielded.

T2k is NOT the real world. The physics, while similar, are different. What we can expect to survive IRL did not in T2k. Again, this is stated in the game books!

The world is a mess. EVERYTHING is either destroyed, worn out or in very, very short supply. I really shouldn't have to be reminding people of this (again) as it's a core part of Twilight:2000!
No the books never said that. Sorry but there are working refineries and nuclear power stations and working military vehicles with electronics that are still working. As for short supply - the US is literally drowning in electronics and spare parts sitting in junk yards/repair yards/warehouses/etc. - a lot of which can be modified by the right people to either bring things back to life or jury rig it for other uses.

No that doesnt mean you can easily rewire the electronic village. Yes it does mean that you will see some interesting jury rigs/MacGyvers/A-Team "those idiots locked us up in a room with welding equipment" devices - for instance UAV's and drones - if you can get the right people and the spare parts they need together in the same place

FYI thats where Operation Reset comes from in Africa - i.e. there wont be any resupply from the US so they send out teams to find weapons, fuel, spare parts, electronics that could be used for other applications, etc. Obviously the same thing would be happening here in the US - I dont see the Colorado Springs govt or New America or CivGov just sitting on their butts and not sending out teams (i.e. the players) to get what is needed to keep their vehicles/planes/electronics/etc. going

and offers all kinds of ideas for salvage missions for GM's