View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:08 AM

At the end of the day, go with what suits your campaign. I attempt to never criticise peoples game styles just because they don't match mine, and in the same way I'm sure my game wouldn't be everyones cup of tea. Personally I've never been a fan of ankle holsters as I reckon they'd be uncomfortable and awkward, unless used with a tiny pistol like a derringer, but I've never used one so I'm not sure. I'd favour chest/shoulder rigs, thigh or waist holsters and back holsters, but I appreciate that these all have their drawbacks. According to books I've read plain clothes troops over here rarely bothered with holsters for pistols as they were an obvious way of marking them out as troops, and also, particularly in cars, there was no easy way to draw a weapon from a concealed holster. They usually opted for driving with the pistol tucked under their thigh where they could easily reach it, or tucked in a door pocket.

Similar question regarding holsters - what size of weapon would you allow a holster for? I read an article about the then new MP5 PDW many years ago, that suggested it being used as a side arm for air crew as it would be more useful than a pistol. The suggestion was that it would be carried in a dual thigh rig with the loaded weapon and two spare 15 round mags on one leg and three 30 round mags and a suppressor on the other leg. I reckon this would make running, crawling and all other combat related jumping about a bit tricky. Anyone any ideas how it would have worked out and whether this system ever went into service?