View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 06:00 PM

I've been working on a "classic" setting version of the Maritime Base for our local campaign.

SPOILERS BELOW

http://asmrb.pbworks.com/w/page/1298...aritime%20Base

Instead of the very modern landing craft in the published book, our base has an older style (late Fifties/early Sixties) of LST. The Newport-class were newer at the time (mid-Eighties), but waaaay too big to be hiding in a tunnel.
Some notes:
  • the two side "storage and garage" areas each have a floor space of about 1.1 hectare
  • I moved the "really hazardous" stuff out of the base, to bolthole-style storage bunkers at least a kilometer away.
  • sea level rise can really mess with an underground "dry dock"!
  • more entrances and exits seemed appropriate
  • I'm not sure I will draw all the upper levels ... they're not likely to be the scene of a firefight.
  • the Council of Tomorrow clearly is behind (i.e., secretly in control of, and probably founded) the Catalina land conservancy group. The base shown is located just north of the village of Two Harbors, on Santa Catalina Island; the cross-section showing a "mountain peak" is based (roughly) on the contour maps of the area.

Remember, all of this is for the "canonical" Atomic War date of 1989.

Feel free to crib, copy, re-use, criticize, kvetch, etc.; attribution would be appreciated but isn't required! Tip o' the hat to Nathan VanDuser, Chris Morrell, and Rob O'Connor for the excellent, original "Daidalos" book!

--
Michael B.

Last edited by Gelrir; 11-08-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added info on land conservancy trust