View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:52 AM

My group keep their personal regimental identities alive, we had a very moving game a while back when a PC died and at his funeral one of our lads (playing an Pioneer) created a cross for his grave with the guy's cap badge incorporated in the centre, was a very moving scene.

However the loss of regimental identity is something of a reality in peacetime let alone in war, even today with almagamations. The Rifles and the Royal Regiment of Scotland being two clear, lamented, examples.

I agree it undermines one of the most important aspects of the British army, however I think this is sort of the point of Twilight 2000 and it's one of the themes I enjoy most. Things have gone to total hell, what we knew, what was comfortale has changed and individual PCs are left with the choice of embracing these changes or trying to hold on to what was past. How players handle this aspectis one of the most fascinating parts of GMing a game of T2k for me.

I have your 7th armoured article saved in my T2k file james ad I do enjoy it, as I enjoy all your articles.