View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbent4 View Post
If Argentina or Brasil were at war with someone or each other it might be different, but they aren't as far as I'm aware. In other words, they have capacity to spare.
I can't be 100% sure about V1, but in V2.X Brazil and Argentina actually go to War with each other. It appears that Argentina might also have declared War on the United Kingdom in 1996.

From pg 242 of the BYB (V2; it's page 241 in V2.2)

Quote:
Argentina / Brazil

The Argentineans attempted to reoccupy the Falklands after 1996 and the British were unable to spare more than a token force for the Islands' defence. Argentina itself withdrew when War broke out with Brazil in 1998 and a small scale exchange of low yield nuclear weapons between the two countries completed their slide into chaos. Central Government in noth countries has broken down and both are now divided into semifeudal territories ruled by military juntas or local community governments.
Reading that, it looks like the Argentineans manage to take and hold the Falklands for several years. Not quite where either side got the nukes from though. As I said I can't be sure for V1 as I haven't seen my V1 ref's book for years, but I would be surprised if it was drastically different...

I'm aware that the suggestion is that the Argentine Government supply aircraft to the United States after the 1997 nuclear attacks, which obviously predates the 1998 War with Brazil, but I have to agree with those who think any sort of trade of this nature taking place after Nov 1997 is highly unlikely.

Dave