View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 12:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdusk
your post has an "urban combat" feel to it. Heres some ideas i wrote up and kept in a word doc. re optional rules that might suit you.

Communication difficulties in city/high rise/large amount of other electrical items in small area. For every radio contact, a radio check is required to contact the other party. This reflects the difficulty in the environment and it may be only half or so radio contacts are able to be made leaving groups in the dark re some important issues in MOUT (what are the rest of your forces doing? What reports on enemy movement are you missing? Where are you moving in relation to your own forces? Into their fire lane maybe?).
I know I'm muddying the waters a bit but is you use a VHF-Hi (137 - 174 Mc) or better yet, UHF (400 - 512 Mc or even 800 Mc and up), you would generally have better comms in an urban environment, that's why many cities use UHF for their police and emergency comms. Out in the country, VHF-Lo (30 - 88 Mc) is best because it can cover a longer distance but is more prone to interference in urban areas.

Chuck M.