View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker
With regard to how combat troops treat non combat officers, Rank is still Rank. Sure they might not be all that respectful when they're not around, but if military discipline is still in force, they're going to listen and obey (at least until the officers back is turned) or risk disciplinary action.
I see the average soldier in 2000 as grossly inferior to the soldier of 1996. With units in 2000 at around 90% the strength of 1996, I think it's reasonable to assume that most of the combat troops in uniform from 1996 are dead. The bulk of most armies in 2000 are made up of men who were non-combat troops or civilians in 1996. New soldiers in 2000 are, most likely, poorly trained and equipped and most would probably never be allowed in a peacetime army. I can't see how this wouldn't lead to poor morale and discipline.

On a more metagame level, I think one of the key selling points of the setting for civilian players is the weak or non-existent command structure. I somehow get the feeling that ex-military players are more bothered *without* the command structure.

http://copeab.tripod.com

Last edited by copeab; 07-05-2009 at 08:26 PM.