View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 05:30 PM

And here is how I have finally solved my house rule. I've taken the delay time of 3 to 5 sec. suggested by pmulcahy11b and the delay rolls of jester. If interested:

Character throwing a grenade normally: If a character does not say anything when throwing a grenade, it will detonate after 1d4+2 initiative steps (or seconds). If necessary, the grenade will explode the next turn. Consider each 5 second turn divided in 5 initiative steps, for the purpose of the delay roll. Example: An Ini 3 character throwing a grenade and obtaining a 5 in the delay roll implies that the grenade will explode at Ini 3 of the next round. Obtaining a 2, the grenade will explode at initiative 1 of the same turn. Solve the Throw Weapon skill roll as normal.

Character waiting a delay time and then, launching the grenade: At his or her Initiative step, the character gets ready the grenade (no ring, no safety). A Panic check is needed. Apply the following modifiers to the fright check roll: +1 if character has Combat Engineer skill, +1 if another character (that must pass a Leadership asset control) coordinates the procedure. If failure, the character launchs the grenade normally (as per point 1).

If the character success in the Panic check roll, he or she waits until his or her Ini-3. (and to the next turn if needed). Then, solve the Thrown Weapon roll as normal to launch the grenade. A second Thrown Weapon is needed to determine if the character has calculated the time properly. If success, the grenade explodes with no delay. If failure, apply 1d4-2 ini steps/seconds of delay. Treat a negative result as zero.

Any grenade that has not exploded yet can be returned or launched to any other place by any character who has passed a successful Panic check at his/her initiative step (again +1 to the fright check if any training in Combat Engineer skill). The returning grenade will explode with no delay. And, of course GM, all your delay rolls bus be hidden!!!