View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 05:52 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Not a surprise, I suppose, for the veteran members of T2K forums. But, as a newbie, here is my question:
-Do you apply any kind of delay to the explosion of a grenade?
-If affirmative, what delay?
-If delayed, I suppose that you allow the character to return the grenade. Any additional control to do it? A fright check to do it?
-Any bonuses to launch a grenade with delay (making it to rebound on the floor, on a wall, etc.

Simple,

I use how well the characters use the grenades to begin with. Say if a character "milks" a grenade. which means they pull the pin, lets the spoon fly and holds it for a moment to use up some of the delay so that the target doesn't have time to throw it back. However, when characters do this, I also roll for mishap, they fumble and drop the grenade, or the grenade fuse is defective and it goes up sooner than anticipated.

Then, we also have the roll for the coolness of the people who have the grenade thrown at them. Do the freese, do they act? IF they freeze then precious seconds are lost to snatch the thing and throw it away.

As for the time on a grenade, and I have only had to roll on this a few times when it really mattered, I generaly use a 6 sided die plus 2. For those recieving a grenade they got a 4 sided die plus 1.