View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 03:36 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
I think the sheer scale of America is something that can come as a big shock to UK players and GM's. Here in NI we think its a long way from Belfast to Londonderry, which is about 90 miles. When I was in the states I got an eye opener when I met a guy who commuted from Boston to New York 3 days a week, which is 200 odd miles!

Yes the scale.

I know many people and I have done it, commuted 90 miles one way to and from work. In the Western US this is actualy very common.

As for the whole of the British Isles, they can easily fit into many of our counties. An example my city isn't that large at 280,000 last time I looked a couple years ago.

Now if anyone wants to do City of the Angles I can pick out all of the mistakes and give ALOT more detailed info, other than per what the PCs have the module would be near impossible to accomplish without the badguys. The whole logistical and transport aspect of crossing the desert without maintained roads, water and fuel.

Oh yeah Tigger you don't need a carry permit for a long arm in your vehicle in almost all states. <Even Cali and Hawaii who have some of the most Draconian laws, pistols are another storey> I am thinking she had a shotgun she had, as well as a concealed weapons permit, again in the free states these are not hard to get if you are without mental or criminal issues. Some of the free states also allow open carry with no questions asked....okay some folks may ask questions but it is fully legal. Arizona comes to mind as one of these states so in theory you can strap on a holster and sidearm and walk down the street and it is perfectly legal.

Again, out in the West away from the coast states it is FREE! And like I said you can even own mortars, 20mm boffors, M2 .50s, M60s and any other weapon you desire as long as you are of sound mind and without criminal history and of course can afford the tax stamp and the weapons system and ammo.