Thread: Oil in T2k
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 01:18 AM

Dont forget natural gas , in places where natural gas wells exist, a small community with the right equipment could keep warm thru the winter, cook food, run a blacksmith shop. I work as a production technologist tester in northern canada, many times if we needed too we could bleed gas off our gas separators to supply gas for our glycol heaters to run if we were out of propane for our P-tanks. Im talking about sweet wells as sour wells have the potential to kill you if you have a gas leak in your lines.

The bonus is sometimes you have produced oil or condi (as we called it) which is a greenish fluid with a high flamability. One of our former bosses blew up his office shack heating it up a cup of condi in the microwave.

Pump jacks are also useful, supplying fuel to the generator for a pump jack can get the pumping process started for lifting the oil to the surface. Im not sure about the US but we have field operators that drive around topping off fuel tanks and checking equipment and there are usually tons of manuals in field offices and certain field structures for not only operating but fixing dam near every small part. I still have a big binder of specific parts and instruments incase I ever neaded to fix or replace parts.

Many oil field site are great sources for finding many useful things, intrinsically safe heaters for the winter, parts, pipe, connectors, valves, gauges, sometimes large pigs of propane, random tools. Some companies go out of business, or just abandoned the site and sometimes they leave behind lots of useful material.