View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post

That's true, but China has a lot more soft power than 21st century Russia ever had. Given how economic sanctions haven't had the desired effect on Russia, it's hard to see why a much more economically powerful China should fear them.

-
China cannot feed nor fuel itself. Russia can. China is dependent on a great deal of naval traffic that runs past India, SE Asia and Indonesia (none of which are really friendly with them), where it projects little power compared to the US and its allies.

Personally I think the AMC boss, is looking to expand his domain into C-17/C-130 launched cruise missiles (Rapid Dragon) and mass drones, which are so much more flashy than the drudge work AMC normally does. I am not saying I disagree with him. 45 Cruise missiles launched from a single C-17 sounds amazing and I hope we build tons which could be devastating against China if needed, but in a world where you have to fight for your budget, it has to be justified with more than a little bit of fear (mongering?).