View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
https://apnews.com/article/ukraine-w...8a51975e09a4b7

"For now, that means assembling prefabricated materials into underground shelters using a Soviet-era design. They have already shipped 123 of the 2-meter (6 1/2-foot) -wide, 6-meter (20-foot) -long structures structures to areas that include eastern Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia and Donetsk provinces. Each shelter requires nearly 2 tons of steel. The bunkers are built to withstand projectiles with calibers of up to 152 millimeters, can accommodate up to six soldiers and need to be buried 1.5 meters (about 5 feet) underground." (Emphasis added.)

Unfortunately, the article doesn't contain any useful images of said pre-fab bunkers. I'd love to see a schematic.

In the T2kU, I'd reckon the Soviets would have seeded scores, if not hundreds, of these bunkers across Poland during NATO's initial push east.

-
I haven't seen a schematic, but mil.in.ua has a series of images of one being installed.

Also an option would be the much smaller Russian hard points from this Twitter thread that were being transported in pairs on 6x6 trucks.

And in reference to the wooden blockhouse that Southernap posted a few years ago, there's at least one reconstructed one on the East Coast - Fort King George in Darien, Georgia was rebuilt in 1988. Its wooden walls are 4 inches thick

The Vespers War - Ninety years before the Twilight War, there was the Vespers War.