View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
First, and correct me if I am wrong on any of these, smallpox is not quickly spread through air or casual contact, but rather through the kind of skin-to-skin contact not normally found in a professional setting like PB. I don't see how it would spread through PB fast enough to prevent containment, or for the last person to be medicated before the first person died from the medication. Contagions like this could take months to spread through PB once introduced.

Second, I thought the more malignant forms that have close to 100% fatality were not distinct versions of the disease but rather variations in how people present, in which case untreated fatalities would still be less than 50%. Again, at the rate the disease would spread, they would probably stop any contaminated meds and take whatever survivors they could get.

I still have an issue with the contaminated stock just "happening" to wind up at PB. It just seems like a stretch that the Project would stock it, that the contamination would slip through their quality control, and that it would wind up at PB.

And why aren't we talking about UA? Is there a reason that TMP would not use their deliberately designed trump card on this? Especially once contaminated vaccine started killing people.

I am confused why Krell would necessarily think this was PB. Unless someone let something slip, could this not be a regional base, or a group, or something else? How does he know so much about the Project that he can definitively characterize PB through such limited contact?

I am not trying to be negative here, this was always one of the weak spots of the module and I am not sure that there is a good solution out there.
Here is the CDC basics page for Smallpox
https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/en-us/suite

and here is wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox