View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 04:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo80 View Post
1) Nate, I am one of those who perceives Phoenix Team as a death squad. I am not sure, but I do not believe that even the hardest of hard core Mossad, Delta Team, SAS, or whatever, could be as lethal as Phoenix is portrayed.
Once again, I have to state that PHOENIX Team is the Project's version of SOCOM... a force that deals with the problems that the Project faces after TEOTWAWKI Event, but like any Special Operator... they hope that they will be activated only to be decomissioned and allowed to retire and enjoy a new life. Yes, the Prime Base Module portrayed the team as some of the coldest, and hardest operators out there. But also stressed that they were the most dedicated to the ideals of the Project, and that they had to pass some of the most extensive psyche evals imaginable to be on the team... and even then the Team got to vote on whether or not the new member STAYED on the team.. and that really doesn't sound like a death squad to me.

I think the biggest reason people think the team is a death squad is a throwaway line in the module where the Phoenix team would rather kill the team that woke them up instead of FORCING them out of Prime Base into the cold cruel world if they refused to go out RIGHT THEN. And i really think that line shouldn't have been in the module, because in all honesty... it just doesn't portray the kind of people that the Phoenix Team would be.

A friend of mine turned the Phoenix Team into a brain trust of Bruce's closest and most personal advisers.

But I really think that a few of those advisers would definitely be on the team as part of the leadership of the team...

Quote:
2) Your perception of Krell is the same I have heard about/read about over the years.

Now, correct me if I seem silly. IF top level Morrow management got wind of Krell and what he/they were doing, wouldn't they unleash Phoenix? I propose this as a viable action BEFORE the big bang. Stop the problem NOW.
If they did that, they'd be no better than Krell... Going out before TEOTWAWKI Event would break all kinds of laws, and the one thing that the Project did not want to do draw attention to themselves. and anything they would have done to neutralize Krell and his pre-TEOTWAWKI Event would have drawn all kinds of attention.

Quote:
We have also postulated that Morrow and the GB's were very loosely aware of each other. The GB's would be a PERFECT scouting force. And of could terminate the problem with EXTREAM prejudice.

Another two cents from yours truely.

Mike
I've always stated that the creation of the Snake-Eaters was done because Morrow had contacts at the highest levels of the US Federal Government (both executive & legislative branch)... and the Snake-Eaters were a totally military force that would deal with those kinds of problems that the Project MARS teams just couldn't deal with.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.