View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 02:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
Nothing to do with chauvinism, everything to do with the fact that I am not from the USA and I like the game as it is in 3rd edition and I don't see a need to use the US constitution as a goad to make people join the Project. I couldn't give a rat's arse if it was the building block of anything or nothing, my aim with the game is to have fun and in the end, any deep philosophical or socio-political aspect is irrelevant because many players don't actually pay it that much attention.
And I'll say it again, those of us who aren't from the US, don't necessarily want to be playing games were the PCs are Americans saving America. We don't actually care about real world politics in games and some of us prefer not to have it so obvious.
Publish the Atlantis Project and this won't ever be an issue.
you know, you are a real horses arse with how you're acting. just because you're upset that an RPG that was from its design was about rebuilding the USA after a nuclear war is based in the USA and is focused on the USA... it really makes all of this so damn funny.

you are one of the ONLY people who i've talked in the past twenty-five years who's so damn pissed off about the Morrow Project RPG being so American focused.

the only 'socio-political aspect' would be putting faith on rebuilding the USA using the constitution to rally a shattered nation around. Because that would be the one thing that could get everyone behind it here. It would be just like the UK having the monarchy, and a project for reconstruction using the Crown as a way to rally the populace. If that was the way the game was set up, i don't know anyone who'd be pissed about that. Because the game would be set in the UK with UK values being the focus. It's like watching Sanctuary or Doctor Who.

Both are focused on the UK, and we love it just as it is. Hell, my soon to be ex-wife was stunned that i was such a dedicated constitutionalist republican when it came to the USA, but was a dedicated Monarchist when it came to the UK. I told her, "if it's not broke, don't fix it." And no, i don't hold the British People responsible for the horrors that woman has put me or my family through.

Quote:
In regards to 2013, I think you should actually ask people not from the US what they thought of it. Too many gun books, too little about the rest of the world is a comment I hear often and that can easily be seen based on the products actually released. I base my statement on having spoken to gamers from Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Germany and Israel who all reiterated the same thing - I might be interested if it wasn't so focused on America.
I've talked with other games form all around the world about T2013 as well, and it wasn't the US-centred parts that upset then. it was the background's timeline that was just so screwed up and unbelievable. To them that was the hardest of the pills to swallow, not that their part of the world wasn't covered by what was going on in the world.

To them that allowed them to write their own sourcebook (something they say they prefered with just how screwed up the setting was) because they threw the setting as it was written out the window because they really didn't like how it was written.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.