View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 08:52 PM

Default RAH-66 Comanche

I am sure everyone is familiar with the Comanche program and its ultimate demise. I saw a scenario once for the MP where a MARS team had to rescue and retrieve "Airwolf". The KFS had discovered its bolthole and I believe captured the crew and helicopter. Well as a more realistic scenario what if they captured or where onto a Comanche team and it was up to a Recon or MARS team to rescue that team. Only 2 were built, but what if there where several full function ones built for the MP as a primary use recon asset. The bay pods and weapons pylons could also carry data pods and sensors that could be used for gathering environmental data, radiation levels, etc. as well as carrying a few anti-tank, vehicle weapons. The KFS would foam at the mouth at the possibility of owning such an asset. So it wouldn't think twice about the chance to seize one if it could. It could have security measures in place to keep it from flying incase it fell into enemy hands but it wouldn't take a determined group of geeks to figure out how to bypass or work around those measures. If not the Comanche what about an AH-64 Apache or an upgraded AH-56 Cheyenne ... Just some thoughts..