View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
Indeed? Tell me more.
Well lets see where should I start? I guess I'll start at the "shot down" part

all of NATO/US troops had by 1996 irl Patriot missile's and software upgrades to IHAWK to allow them to shoot down incoming warheads, with the IHAWK it would be a very close call. you only had at the most 30 seconds of engagement time.

as for the 20KT bomb on a tank battalion, well there is a lot to say, so I'll only cover some of the basics. a very good depiction of a 20 KT bomb on a tank unit can be found in the book "Vortex" by Larry bond just keep in mind that unit was not ready for NBC warfare. FM 3-4,FM 3-6,FM 3-7,FM 3-14 and a host of others can enlighten. after the 1st day of nukes popping off all army's in the world know to increase spacing by 4-5 times,( eg; tanks 200m apart are now 800-1000m apart) the kill zone/blast radius for tank/afv's is small on even 500kt bombs. ( a few square miles) this should help: http://www.nukefix.org/weapon.html

that's all I can think of off the top of my head. hope it helps.
"There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
--General George S. Patton, Jr.

Last edited by Dog 6; 08-10-2009 at 11:26 AM.