View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico20854 View Post
Don't worry folks, there will be no more publication forthcoming from me on this or possibly any other topic for a while. So you can discuss canon all you like...
Chico, I hope my solitary comment on this thread has not contributed to your unwillingness to publish anymore of your work. I appreciate what an awful lot of effort it is to put this kind of thing together.

Frankly there is some stuff in The US Recovery Plan I disagree with - I think once the tac nukes came out most US carriers would be at least unserviceable in pretty short order - but on the other hand I find it perfectly logical that more boomers would survive than "canon" indicates for the reasons you've given. But then I've also thought that GDW's targetting plan was pretty strange in places (I've never understood why Sunny Point and Bayonne weren't whacked at an early stage for instance) so I've never been overly obsessed with "canon".

I'd be more than happy to read more of your work - I'd say that most of the comments in this thread were in the order of happy discussion than anything else - perhaps you should view the 78 posts so far in this thread as a demonstration of the interest shown in your work rather than a concerted nit-picking attempt.

And what would the forum be without nit picking? As long as it is done in a friendly way