View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Internet Intellectual

Decided to resurrect this one.

This is the largest single group most similar to pre-War America.

The 1st Cavalry Division is a nice touch, but the weaponry kills me. The author I felt was trying to hard to recreate the Old West. These guys were blue denim uniforms and ride horses. They carry Krag Jorgenson rifles and use gatling guns for support. Unless they need M1 tanks and Bradly fighting vehicles?

Personally, I like to think of it as all the elements are there just the right sequence of events and the people needed to make it happen aren't there.

So my stab at a plausible reason for the vast differences in the technology is the War hit the education and training establishment hard. Not only were universities lost to nuclear hits but, the population was decimated by war plagues as people came to the colleges and universities looking for help.

There was precious few left to pass on knowledge to many. Here and there someone passed on something even if it was some repair manuals and some tools.

So my take is the Morrow Projects greatest gift to the Lone Star Republic will be teaching the people and guiding the government to keep it a representative one like it is. I think they are churning out enough warriors to fight the Brotherhood.