Thread: Yugoslavia
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 04:06 PM
Banned

Last Submarine pretty much indicates that there arent any subs left except the two US subs that are mentioned - keep in mind how surprised the captain is in Boomer that the Soviets may have an operational Boomer that is still around - and its very late 1998 by the time the convoys sail for Yugoslavia - given the fuel condition I dont see the Soviets sending out diesel subs into the Med - which is the probable location of any interception - i.e. the US shipping lanes by then were either around the Cape to the Middle East or to Germany and the UK - going the Med route probably would be a total surprise to the Soviets -

as in "what the heck are they doing send three divisions thru the Med?"

I am betting the lack of tanks by mid 2000 is much more so the lack of spares - that there are probably a lot of M60A4's sitting in US rear area depots that are non-operational - or its fuel considerations and they may have a lot of tanks left but literally no fuel to operate more than a few at a time

similar to what the Germans went thru in spring 45 - they literally lost hundreds of tanks because there was no fuel to run them and they got overrun at rear area bases and supply depots