View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 08:39 AM
A bad tomato

Updated with a new version that contains much more information and stuff. Much of the new information is thanks to a Tim Drost, whos tables I have put to good use.

Originalpost:
I have done more work on my Encounter Generator. I have added more info and stuff, much thanks to Tim Drost and his tables. Now the encounters will generate a log file that will generate individual information about each and every person in the encounter group. This is so far only implemented for the Group Branch. I have not yet implemented it for the Item Branch.

Unpack this file anywhere, and run the Random Encounter Script.bat (feel free to double check it by editing it in Notepad if you are feeling hesitant). This file will then execute the Project Encounter powershell file, which is where you give the input data. The script will then feed back the output data of the random encounter.

BUG INFORMATION: I discovered that if the package is unpacked where the directory contain somewhere a space, the code will glitch out badly. This is due to a choice of solution I have with dividing up the info-files. I will be looking into a solution of that.

The water encounters are not yet implemented.

The resources is all in the textfiles, which is read and processed by the script. If you are daring you can edit them and the sourcecode.

Also, there is a bonus script, with a different executable .bat-file, which generates the motivations of a NPC.

As always, please let me know of what you think of it and possible improvements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzw2jgzz69...80904.rar?dl=0

Known TODOs:
Implement water encounters
Fix directory bug
Add Vehicle specification for all encounters with vehicles.

NOT EVEN CLOSE TO DONE
Character Generator
Combat Resolver (because I am lazy and combat in T2k can be a massive slog with modifiers this and modifiers that)

Last edited by Lurken; 09-05-2018 at 12:04 AM.