View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 03:44 PM

Location: district of Heinsberg (close to the border with the Netherlands)

OK, that is how it went.

First of all, you have to imagine me. I am about 2m tall and I was the tallest guy in the entire unit.
Oberfeldwebel was the second tallest guy.
A friend of mine once described me as "When you approach someone everybody fears that you just run over him without noticing that there was someone standing."

So one day I was walking into the office of Haupt- and Oberfeldwebel, but only Oberfeldwebel was there. I saluted, asked if I could enter and then I approached him and told him about RPGs and showed him the Twilight 2000 box, did not forget to mention that a G-3 has only 7 shots according to the rules but every shots count for three and yes, I knew that the G-3 has only a 20 shot magazine...

Yes, I tried to steamroller him with explaining RPGs and Twilight 2000 at the same time.

When I ran out of breath he wanted to see the box.
I gave it to him and he looked at it.
He handled the box very carefully and I looked at him and he thanked me and told me he would take a look at it. (I think at that moment I had a wide smile on my face like "Hey, I have a good idea" from Vicky the Viking. The only thing missing were the stars around me)

After a few weeks I asked him about it but he said something like "I had no time, I just looked over it. Ask me in a few weeks when I have more time. Then I will look at it more closely."

I was devastated and when I got home I looked into the box.
Everything was just like it had been when I had given him the box.

I think he never looked into it.

I never asked him again.

Looking back I think his expression on his face when I gave him the box was something that could be described as
a) WTF?
b) Is this a bomb?
c) I outrank him but he is bigger than me so I dont want to anger him.

So thats what happened.