View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
True, and that's probably why both the Russian army and the PLA are doing more than ever before to provide their troops with decent individual body armor and more and better communications equipment. They're both working hard to modernize their forces, structurally, technologically, and doctrinally. I agree that the days of human wave attacks are probably over. The point I'm making is that they still both enjoy somewhat a quantitative advantage over western militaries and that's got to count for something (in a speculative near future war scenario.

Also, I've heard tidbits about China loosening its one child policy and I've also come across mentions of a Russian government PR campaign touting the nationalism/heroism of motherhood. Not sure if the latter will pay off by increasing birth rates, but it indicates that Moscow's aware of the problem and taking steps to try and rectify it.
Both countries are trying to increase birth rates, but even if things turned around today any new children would only be 10 years old at the beginning of the conflict.

2030 is actually seen as the year that China will have the fewest people of working age since the 1970s iirc. A really large portion of the population will be around 60 at that point.

This chart shows how upsidedown their population will be in 2025

Russia is better but look at the minimum line in the 25-29 bar. They actually have more men aged 60-69 than they do 20-29.

Here is the US for compariason

Last edited by kato13; 06-05-2014 at 12:09 AM.