View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan
This is true but I am happy to back up any comments I make on the internet in person with anyone who might like to come and see me about them. I actually got into some trouble on some of the old RPGHost forums when some smart arsed fools started getting personal and I invited them to meet with me face to face. There are others here (Law springs to mind) who I am sure would be happy to do the same. I would be (and have been) prepared to provide my full name and some details via PM or other methods.
I agree with you Targan. That is also why I didn't post the nasty comments that followed. I consider people making anonymous insults to be about nothing. However, I found the people attacking the reviewer idea of a "monster book" with heavy rules to be fair.

I'm playing star wars and that makes a 2 meter raw on my desk. I have played dungeons & dragons and T2013 is small compare to it. The first T2K was already a "monster book" but still a great game (in my opinion). And that comment would be true for amost every RPG. Strangely that has become a general comment from so-called pro; a comment that is never made against well known RPG (representing several meters raw but considered surprisingly light). Of course, we could make games with plenty of storyline and very thin rules. However, this is something you can find already, it is called a novel and so-called pro are strangely overseeing that. The best RPG I ever played were done with no rules. That is also why I quit making games and I'm working on my first novel (2 years behind already ).

In that particular case, many critics are true but needlessly offensive and they could have hit me more if they were made with more measure. Actually, I have made many of them myself (artwork, spelling, timeline...) but I really wish to give this game a chance. There are too few games out everyyear now and if that suits a number of player, no need to burn it in public place.