View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 11:44 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswood
Uhhh. That may have been me. I once scraped the mirror of a 15 passenger van down the side of a bus because I didn't have 2" to spare on the other side. Only time I ever heard a pile of Marines scream like little girls. Pretty sure it was Ietawan (not sure of spelling) in '86.
If it's what I think you mean (the main shopping area in Seoul), it's Itaewon.

That wasn't long before I showed up in Korea. I got there in August of 88; just in time to be rewarded, since the Division Commander had bought up 2 tickets for every soldier in 2ID for the Seoul Summer Olympics in 1988. I got to see Volleyball between Japan and China (I've never seen so many TALL Asian women in one place in my life!) and Taekwon-do, which was a demonstration sport that year (the American lost the match when his nose got broken -- at least it looked like it). And my first Korean taxi ride. I showed the driver my ticket and-voooom!-from Yongsan to the outskirts of the city inside of 15 minutes! Korean taxi drivers -- they're INSANE!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com