View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaguchi View Post
I'm digging into the rules some more (probably 90% forgotten after 25 years) and started paging through the Referee's Screen booklet. Looks like I'm playing v2.2. I knew there was a d20 change but couldn't find it until now.

Olefin, the cob webs are slowly clearing. I don't want to overwhelm them. The first combat encounter will be easy on them. They're definitely of the "shoot first" mindset right now. None of them are prior military and I'm retired army, so we've been discussing a lot of things. Should be interesting.
For v2.2, human encounter statistics are on page 159. The easiest encounter would probably be Primitives, since they only come in groups of 2d6, can be Novice (described on page 139), and have Poor weapons (described on page 158). Second would probably be Hunters (1d6, Novice, Civilian), which might have horses that the party could use. Most other groups would (in my opinion) be either too large or too well-armed for a first encounter if the PCs are insistent on combat.

The other option would be an animal encounter per pages 162-163, which could give them a chance to get some food (30% of the animal's body weight per the Hunting section on page 149).

The Vespers War - Ninety years before the Twilight War, there was the Vespers War.