View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 11:42 PM

And population density and distribution is at the heart of one of the biggest problems facing authorities in T2K.
It was mentioned a few years back (can't remember who) that somebody with a bit of knowledge of this sort of thing looked at the situation post nuke in the US and stated it was basically the worst case scenario - transportation hubs and energy production targeted while population centres (aka cities) spared. Moving the people becomes a less difficult task than getting the food and other supplies to them.

We're seeing a taste of that now. As an example, I ordered a few items about a month ago which in normal times I'd have received within 2-3 days. Two of the three items have been in transit at least three weeks, with the third, well, I'm told at least another month. This is due almost entirely to the distribution system and the stress it's under (MUCH greater demand as people shop online instead of in store, and many drivers, etc isolating themselves as well).

Also seeing a huge push to buy and produce local, which is another logical outcome of the T2k scenario. If you can't get or make something locally in T2k, you're just going to have to either look for alternatives or go without.

I've addressed some of this and more in the draft for the ANZAC book (if anyone's got a better title suggestion, let me know), with some authorities enforcing mandatory relocation closer to resources or to ensure there's enough manpower where it's need to keep things going.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem