View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 06:14 AM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louied View Post
Chico

I am wondering now, did the 28 IND annoy everyone long enough that they were written into being deployed to the UK first?
I guess so?

I was in the 28th in the mid-90s. My impression was that my unit (the signal battalion) was very proficient in its technical performance and utterly and totally lacking in tactical performance. When we have the occasional threads here about "what would have happened to you in the war" I always think my answer would be either "killed in an ambush driving around the division rear area" or "killed while sleeping because the guard was goofing off/sleeping/drinking". The battalion was basically a drinking club that wore camouflage and operated a MSE network...

My duties there concerned keeping track of the equipment and keeping the trucks and generators running (and it was post-Cold War) so I had zero visibility into what the wartime employment was supposed to be!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...