View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 12:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webstral
Mexico might not have received the same megatonnage as the US, but Mexico is in tough shape before the Exchange. This is why some ten percent of Mexico's nationals are in the United States. The v1 Referee's Guide explicitly states that the oil-producing and industrial assets of neutral nations are destroyed to prevent the enemy from using them. This must apply to Mexico. The loss of petroleum refining and the nation's electricity grid will have the same effects in Mexico as in the US.

We take for granted in the US attitudes that are seldom found outside the West. We trust that while some government officials may be corrupt in the days following the TDM, in general the state does its best to distribute food and respond to the needs of the nation as a whole. Mexico simply isn't the same. The mentality that has resulted in their current plight has been in place for five hundred years. The theocratic, oligarchic, racist nature of the society isn't going to get better under the shade of a few mushroom clouds. Mind, I'm not saying Mexicans are bad people. I'm saying that Mother Church and the wealthy, who tend to be fair-skinned relative to the rest of the Mexican population, run the show to suit their own interests. That's why the US has an illegal immigration issue with our southern neighbor.

Following the nuclear attack on Mexico, transporatation falls apart. Food distribution falls apart. Although Mexico has a higher rural population than the US, modern Mexico is an urban society nonetheless. Combine food and energy shortages with the pre-existing mindset of the elites, and you have a situation that is ripe for abuses of every imaginable type. There will be Mexicans fleeing their homeland because for certain groups life may be uncertain in the US, but it's downright untenable at home.

There may be Americans who try to head for the Mexican resorts. They are going to find that the natives have moved in already.

Webstral
I had thought of that as well... All the problems that we had here in North Carolina thanks to the fact our social services have been totally overwhelmed by the amount of illegals on the roles. My family and I spent almost 7 months on the streets as homeless, trying to find a place to live and help in getting into a program to get us into a Progam that could get us off the streets. With all the crap we had to fight against just to find a home, Emma had said it was proof that she would never do what she's done now. We went from living on the streets to living in a nice house in a year thanks to the hard work and fighting the VA disability people to give me the disablity they had promised me when i got out of the navy (still fighting to get the 80% they had promised, currently at 60%... and it only took ten years).