Thread: Alcohol
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
There are also some military vehicles (mostly older ones, and particularly, it seems, French and Belgian vehicles) that can run off of paraffin. Does that also follow the multifuel rules? What kind of fuel economy are you going to get from paraffin?
The main exemple was the Hispano-Suiza HS110 fitted on the AMX-30s until 1998. It is a multifuel engine. Actually it could work on more fuel types than the three rated on the publications I have seen. According to friends riding it during the late 1980's and 1990's, they had put grease and lubricant (anyway they used much more fuel types than three) to run it on occasions. The main problem was that this engine is considered unreliable to some point. I believe (really unsure) that those same friends were telling me that the engine needed extensive maintenance and used to spend quite some times out of the tank.

Saddly, I have been unable to find anything on that engine on the Web. Paul you know much more about this subject than I do and may be you can succeed where I failed.

Last edited by Mohoender; 12-07-2009 at 06:30 AM.