View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
A couple ideas for Spain.
-There are many small electricity production facilities on the many small rivers of the Pyrenees, mostly in Aragon. Some could even be expanded to supply small towns (a few already are for small hamlets), and base cantonments.
I didn't know that but I will modify some of the text accordingly. I have spent twenty years (at least 2 month a year) in Portugal but don't know much about Spain outside of regular crossing. By the way you'll find the same thing on the French side of the Pyreneans.

Quote:
-Right wing parties would give some trouble in your scenario after their leader is killed. Maybe not civil-war-level, but high enough in the political level. It's a tradition here, for "left" and "right" (traditional meaning was lost long ago ) to be as antagonistic as possible. These will be very reactionary to a Catalan independence (possible guerrilla scenario?), and somewhat less in Galicia (they almost conder it "their turf").
Our political scene is... complicated even for us. That's why I try to ignore it
I definitely agree to that and that's what I wanted to imply. Nevertheless, I didn't want to develop it as it was not entirely relevant to the game.

Quote:
-In the target list for Spain, Tarragona was higher in the list than some of the others you mention. Then, Catalonia capital could be Berga, a classic (one of them) of the most radical nationalists.
Unless you want to leave the refineries and chemical industry intact for some dark purpose, of course.
As you insist I'll be happy to blow Tarragona (I had insuficient informations on the city). I'll go for Berga as you know more about this than I'll ever do.

Quote:
Maybe Marc can add something more.
I truly hope he will. always apreciated his various comments.

Quote:
Your scenario leaves the Canary Islands (and the several military and naval units there) mostly intact. A temping but difficult target for Morocco and assorted pirates, and a stepping stone for trans-Atlantic travel and commerce.
The same goes for Madeira and Cabo Verde.
Cabo Verde being part of Africa (and an independent country) I'll adress it later. I knew about the Canarias and it was a mistake on my part. Nevertheless, I leave them alone for now. I already blew up the base on the Azores and that is enough. Madeira was left aside on purpose for exactly what you imply. Nevertheless, all these islands because of the specific location deserve some special attention and I will think of it later. May be I'll do a post on Atlantic Remote Islands (Madeira, Canarias, Cabo Verde, St Helena...).