View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxoplasmaman View Post
Okay, I'm curious about how the US military would peomote officers with the split of the government.
Granted alot of officers would be wearing several bigger sizes of hats compared to their rank but the war was ongoing for 3+years and you can't have 2nd Luwees in charge of battalions.

I've done some Google-fu and it looks like you need Senate approval to promote to 0-4 regular, or 0-6 reserves.

Would martial law preclude the necessity of Senate approval? I did a 10 minute search but couldn't find much of amything. The above info I got from a blogger who was a retired 27 year Marine mustang officer.
In my old Twilight2000 (v2.2) game this was never an issue because I never allowed a full split between MILGOV and CIVGOV. MILGOV and the COG government rule the US with an iron fist and having control of most of the power, communications, and food distribution networks would essentially ensure that it stayed that way.

So, in my game, CIVGOV was essentially a "5th column entity" working from INSIDE the MILGOV structure to regain control of the US Government. This means that CIVGOV "operations" were more often acts of theft of critical resources or acts of "sabotage" designed to reduce MILGOV's effectiveness. In some cases, the PCs didn't even KNOW that they were doing CIVGOV's bidding.